APRX release 2.9.1

Kenneth Finnegan

Sep 7, 2021, 11:49:19 AM9/7/21
to aprx-s...@googlegroups.com
Howdy All,

I've tagged a point release in APRX 2.9 since we want the N0CALL syntax error behavior out in the wild. It turns out that since Debian went away from the /etc/defaults style, APRX just starts by default now and the APRS-IS servers were getting hammered with logins for N0CALL from APRX.

Source download:

I'm giving up on releasing built copies since the distros have been doing a good job of picking up APRX lately. Thanks to the distro maintainers for their work there.

Notable changes since 2.9.0:

* Remove fully consumed TRACEn-0 aliases when digipeating
* Telemetry tweaks including better sequence numbers and APRX version as the telemetry project name. I'm assuming that no one uses this field for anything useful, since it's part of the telemetry system that APRX has hardcoded to be the erlang stats.
* APRX refuses to start with N0CALL/NOCALL as configured callsign

I still have a fantasy of doing a full rewrite on the digipeating logic for 2.10, but every time I try and touch that code I regret it.

Liz

Sep 7, 2021, 7:34:31 PM9/7/21
to aprx-s...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, 7 Sep 2021 08:49:06 -0700
Kenneth Finnegan <kennethfi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Notable changes since 2.9.0:
>
> * Remove fully consumed TRACEn-0 aliases when digipeating
> * Telemetry tweaks including better sequence numbers and APRX version
> as the telemetry project name. I'm assuming that no one uses this
> field for anything useful, since it's part of the telemetry system
> that APRX has hardcoded to be the erlang stats.
> * APRX refuses to start with N0CALL/NOCALL as configured callsign
>
> I still have a fantasy of doing a full rewrite on the digipeating
> logic for 2.10, but every time I try and touch that code I regret it.

thanks Kenneth for your work on this

Liz
VK2XSE