android phone issue(s)

Rodney D. Myers

Mar 21, 2024, 3:32:05 AMMar 21
to apr...@googlegroups.com
Somewhere recently, trying to search for any call sign, would make the
pop requester show up outside of the screen, making it virtually
impossible to select any call sign.

Has anyone else experienced this phenomena?

--
Rodney D. Myers <WG4...@arrl.net> - wg4usa

Ben Franklin - 1759

Joni Kähärä

Mar 21, 2024, 6:44:28 AMMar 21
to aprs.fi
Hi,

I believe I'm observing the same thing here. It's as if the popup is below the map, because when you pan around and tiles get loaded, the popup occasionally flickers into view (very briefly). And the issue only seems to exist on phone browsers (tested with Chrome, Brave). Works fine on tablet and desktop.

    Joni OH2EWL

Michael Arnold

Apr 2, 2024, 6:40:01 PMApr 2
to apr...@googlegroups.com
When I look for my own call sign, I end up outside the USA :(

I heard its a bug and it looks like it hasn't been fixed yet

Joni Kähärä

Apr 3, 2024, 9:15:14 AMApr 3
to aprs.fi
Going off topic here, but KD4MAA: did you see my earlier reply to your message regarding those weird Chinese positions?

That's not a bug, and is not related to what WG4USA is reporting here (although his DMR device seems to be also misconfigured like your's, as it is sending what looks like manufacturer's default position).

Again, my two cents, but I'd go through those device's configs.

    Joni OH2EWL

Michael Arnold

Apr 5, 2024, 4:22:44 PMApr 5
to apr...@googlegroups.com
Sorry that I missed your post, but I will look into it. I will message you if I needed help with anything.

__________________________
73,
KD4MAA
Michael Arnold
(All VOIP services are on my cellphone on a softphone)
HamShack HotLine - 5500000937 Hams Over IP - 100967
Amateur Wire - 1325
GMRS: WRXY371

Joni Kähärä

Apr 6, 2024, 8:28:16 AMApr 6
to aprs.fi
FYI this problem seems to be quite common. All of these stations could not possibly have been at that exact same position during last month or so, or at least that sounds highly unlikely: https://aprs.fi/near/?call=KD4MAA (also the listing is clipped, I think, and there are more stations "out there" that are not shown).

And WG4USA again, this same tip applies to you: https://aprs.fi/info/a/WG4USA-7

    Joni OH2EWL

Heikki Hannikainen

Apr 18, 2024, 4:22:37 PMApr 18
to apr...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, 2 Apr 2024, Michael Arnold wrote:

> When I look for my own call sign, I end up outside the USA :(
> I heard its a bug and it looks like it hasn't been fixed yet

This is probably about KD4MAA-7 which is in China:

https://aprs.fi/#!z=11&call=a%2FKD4MAA-7&timerange=3600&tail=3600

In this case aprs.fi is simply receiving the positiond data it receives.
Most likely the radio is actually sending these coordinates due to its
configuration.

There's probably a more specific discussion group somewhere for the brand
and model of your radio where you can find help for its configuration.

- Hessu

Chris, DL1DRK

May 7, 2024, 2:39:20 PMMay 7
to aprs.fi
Hi all,

anyone already got a solution?
As mentioned by Joni, I face the same problem when searching for a station on a phone browser. The pop up is below the map, I only see a small stripe of the top bar, but cannot click onto it.

vy 73 de Chris, DL1DRK