aprs.fi...Is there a way to delete a position?I have 2 positions on the same callsign(on0sea-10)1 position is ok,but the second one is 1.6 km south and i cannot find where it comes from.Running a rms with winlink..tnx de ivan on4ibm

ivan bultinck

Apr 24, 2024, 5:40:04 PMApr 24
to aprs.fi
on0sea-10.png

Ricardo Guzman

Apr 28, 2024, 2:53:15 PMApr 28
to aprs.fi
after a while , the one that still Tx its position will remain and the not will disappear

how much time does this app remembers the stations being heard?

Heikki Hannikainen

Apr 29, 2024, 3:16:17 AMApr 29
to aprs.fi

Hi,

aprs.fi is a rather large archive and database, and it currently holds
position data for 2 years.

If you used the aprs.fi iOS app to upload a position to aprs.fi, you can
delete the station from app - the delete button is on the bottom of the
Beacon view, and in https://aprs.fi/my/ . Otherwise the data is not
properly authenticated and cannot be deleted, as it is not possible for
the backend to verify if the user requesting deletion is the same one
which sent the data.

Time range adjustments are available on the map views to adjust how old
positions are shown on the real-time view.
> --
> dbn%40googlegroups.com.

- Hessu

Fred Hillhouse Jr

Apr 29, 2024, 11:31:45 AMApr 29
to apr...@googlegroups.com
If Winlink is reporting a position, then it may be adding sort of ambiguity. I noticed my Winlink is not at my actual location.

If you also have an APRS station reporting a position for Winlink, then you will probably see the station moving. Winlink position is propagating through the Winlink server and the APRS station is propagating through the APRS-IS servers.

It is recommended the SSID be unique for each station. If you Winlink instance uses -10n then do not use -10 for anything else.

Hopefully this is helpful!
Fred

Fred Hillhouse Jr

Apr 29, 2024, 11:55:45 AMApr 29
to apr...@googlegroups.com
Interesting note. If looking at APRS.FI my Winlink position is WSW. If looking at APRSIS32, my position is correct.

ivan bultinck

Apr 30, 2024, 8:32:33 AMApr 30
to aprs.fi
i checked all settings,and corrected any differant positions i could find in winlink,the rms and aprsis.After a 3 hour stop of the rms node,the false position is still there.
There is nothing running here that can be related to on0sea-10.If i click the info buttom,(position deviation)it tells me presision of transmitter diminished with 2 digits,position resolutie about 1.9 km.A notification i can not find with other stations,nor do i know what it means,where it comes from or to resolve....greetz on4ibm.

Heikki Hannikainen

Apr 30, 2024, 3:53:20 PMApr 30
to aprs.fi

Ivan,

The position of ON0SEA-10 is still being reported by the WinLink backend,
the last report was sent 7 minutes ago.

Please get in touch with the fine WinLink folks, there is nothing we can
do here. aprs.fi is just displaying what it receiving, and that's what it
is supposed to do. The winlink support is not here, please get in touch
with them directly. They may also have useful documentation there:

https://winlink.org/content/user_support_and_help

On Tue, 30 Apr 2024, ivan bultinck wrote:

> i checked all settings,and corrected any differant positions i could find in winlink,the rms and
> aprsis.After a 3 hour stop of the rms node,the false position is still there.There is nothing running
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/aprsfi/a9db6b51-49ed-4982-b9c5-73ad0d4b91bfn%40googlegroups.com.

- Hessu