Wrong home location

Wayne Coburn

Jun 16, 2024, 5:07:51 PMJun 16
to apr...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

I have a strange question. When I log into aprs.fi, my "home" location is set to 322 km away. I've tried clearing cookies and whatnot, but this is independent of the device and browser I'm using. So, it's something attached to my APRS account. Does anyone know how APRS decides what your home location is? And, more importantly, how do I change it?

I should add that the "center at current location" doesn't work either, even though aprs.fi has been granted location permissions on my various browsers.

I'm primarily using a MacBook Pro with Chrome, but I also check on an Android Pixel phone (also running Chrome) and a Windows Laptop running Edge.

73,
Wayne
W6YNE