jwalsh2@gmail.com

John Walsh

Jun 11, 2024, 2:57:46 PMJun 11
to aprs.fi
Do the offline Apple Maps work with the APRS.fi app, meaning that if I download a map in Maps, will APRS.fi then use it?

Heikki Hannikainen

Jun 12, 2024, 6:31:27 PMJun 12
to aprs.fi
On Tue, 11 Jun 2024, John Walsh wrote:

> Do the offline Apple Maps work with the APRS.fi app, meaning that if I download a map in Maps, will APRS.fi then use it?

Unfortunately Apple has not made the offline maps feature available to
third party developers yet. It's likely that they publish the API in a
future iOS version, after which I can work on implementing the offline
feature in the aprs.fi app.

The Apple Maps app and aprs.fi are two different applications which don't
share persistent storage area for downloads, so they'll have separate
downloaded maps eventually, too.

- Hessu

John Walsh

Jun 13, 2024, 1:18:11 PMJun 13
to apr...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much for the reply and explanation!  Makes sense Maps has the functionality but not yet exposed the API for third party apps.

Regards,

John W9BLN
--
John Walsh