iGate'd / heard first metric behavior

nIkE

Apr 19, 2024, 7:01:12 AMApr 19
to aprs.fi
I am a bit confused looking at iGate'd metric.
When the same station igated to different aprsc / T2 servers the amount of packets reported in the graph of aprs.fi change notably. The observation period is quite long so we can exclude a specific nature of the traffic.
I've in mind the schema provided in this post: https://blog.aprs.fi/2012/05/aprsfi-connected-directly-to-aprs2net.html
So, I argued that a source coming to the hub with a minimal latency will provide better results and, moreover, that all the duplicate filters acts before to reach APRSFI-C1 or APRSFI-C2.
On the contrary a direct connection to T2FINLAND seems to jump all the chain without any duplicate filter.
I'm wrong?
'RF packets heard first by' reports the label 'bogus, unreliable': it means that this graph represents packets are not considered since they violate some metrics?
Thank you for clarifying