call usurpation

nicolas ott

Nov 21, 2022, 1:32:58 AM11/21/22
to aprs.fi
Hello, my callsign F4JCK-9 is userped, is it possible to desactive it please?

Many thanks

Best regards,

73 Nicolas OTT

Heikki Hannikainen

Nov 24, 2022, 1:28:46 AM11/24/22
to aprs.fi
On Thu, 17 Nov 2022, nicolas ott wrote:

> Hello, my callsign F4JCK-9 is userped, is it possible to desactive it please?
> Many thanks

Hello,

It appears that the callsign is used on RF, likely on the 144.800 MHz APRS
channel over there in France. F4JCK-9 is probably an AnyTone radio. There
is no way to prevent that from happening from over here in Finland, but at
least you have good tracking data available on where exactly it is
happening, if you want to have the authorities looking into it.

qrz.com says F4JCK lives in Epagny, and the address on qrz.com is about
150 meters away from the last location of F4JCK-9. Are you sure it is not
your own APRS-enabled radio transmitting accidentally?

It is interesting that the callsign is used on APRS with many SSIDs, if
you do a lookup for F4JCK* you get all of these. Are all of them someone
else, not you?

F4JCK 123d 23h13m Nicolas
F4JCK-7 47d 11h19m F4JCK/PORTATIF 73/88
F4JCK-5 240d 12h51m F4JCK/PORTATIF 73/88
F4JCK-9 13h43m F4JCK/M, 73/88
F4JCK 240d 20h27m

- Hessu