Station view

OH1KH Saku

Sep 16, 2021, 1:41:08 AM9/16/21
to aprs.fi

Hi !

Some time ago station detail view changed a bit. I do not know is it a change at aprs.fi or browser update.
If you click a station in map ,and get the detail popup, open station call is rounded with dark bold frame that makes text hard to read.
That happens with browsers Opera and Chromium. OS Fedora 34

With Firefox this rounding frame is light dot line, what makes me think that it might be a browser depended property.
How ever it was not so before. I can not say exact time but change happened during this summer.
Opera:
Screenshot_20210916_082519.png
Firefox:
Screenshot_20210916_082623.png

Have anyone else noticed this kind of action?

Joni Kähärä

Sep 16, 2021, 11:42:42 AM9/16/21
to aprs.fi
Hello,

Seeing the same thing here. Firefox has a lighter, dotted border around the callsign, and in Chromium it's bolder. Seems to be somehow related to focus because the border disappears when one clicks somewhere else.

Tried to use browsers' developer tools to figure out what is actually going on but it's elusive.

    Joni

Ed Fardos

Sep 16, 2021, 12:08:18 PM9/16/21
to apr...@googlegroups.com, Joni Kähärä

Geoff Mather - g8dhe

Sep 18, 2021, 11:05:05 AM9/18/21
to aprs.fi
This from Chrome
Capture.JPG

Heikki Hannikainen

Sep 18, 2021, 11:14:31 AM9/18/21
to aprs.fi

Hi,

On Wed, 15 Sep 2021, OH1KH Saku wrote:

> Some time ago station detail view changed a bit. I do not know is it a change at aprs.fi or browser update.
> If you click a station in map ,and get the detail popup, open station call is rounded with dark bold frame that makes text hard to
> read.
> That happens with browsers Opera and Chromium. OS Fedora 34

Indeed, I'm seeing the same behavior here, latest Chrome on Mac. I have
not updated aprs.fi recently, so this is likely a change in CSS in Google
Maps which collides with my CSS styles.

I'll take a look at fixing this later tonight.

In Google Chrome developer tools Inspector tool, as soon as I right-click
the rounded callsign and select it for inspection, the rounded frame goes
away before the inspector appears. Arrrgh. :)

Thanks for the note!

- Hessu

Heikki Hannikainen

Sep 18, 2021, 6:19:00 PM9/18/21
to aprs.fi
On Sat, 18 Sep 2021, Heikki Hannikainen wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Sep 2021, OH1KH Saku wrote:
>
>> If you click a station in map ,and get the detail popup, open station
>> call is rounded with dark bold frame that makes text hard to read.
>
> Indeed, I'm seeing the same behavior here, latest Chrome on Mac. I have not
> updated aprs.fi recently, so this is likely a change in CSS in Google Maps
> which collides with my CSS styles.
>
> I'll take a look at fixing this later tonight.

It seems better now, at least for me, on Chrome and Firefox. I'm not
*entirely* sure I fixed it myself, or if Google happened to roll out new
code while I was at it. But the problem did not happen on my development
instance, and I upgraded the production instance to match, and lo, it does
look better. The relevant bits involved updating some dependencies
(bootstrap, angularjs, of which bootstrap is the most likely to help).

Do a forced reload (press the "shift" key while pressing the reload
button) to flush caches if you're still having problems.

- Hessu

OH1KH Saku

Sep 19, 2021, 11:36:04 AM9/19/21
to aprs.fi
Firefox, Chromium and Opera (in Fedora 34) works now fine.

Tnx Hessu !

Vince

Sep 19, 2021, 2:00:57 PM9/19/21
to aprsfi
Dear group
It looks good also on my end both Chrome and Firefox thanks for the fix that was kind of annoying 73 KD 7 t ww