Add in TOCALL database

Rick Wesselink

Sep 13, 2021, 5:19:22 AM9/13/21
to aprs.fi

Dear Hessu,

Since the very popular Icom IC-705 is used more and more; would it be possible to ad this device in your ToCall database as well?

- tocall: API705

vendor: Icom

model: IC-705
class: dstar

Thank you in advance!

Nosey Nick VA3NNW

Sep 14, 2021, 3:41:18 AM9/14/21
to aprs.fi

... and perhaps #46 and #26, although these should probably get APRS-Bob to add them to http://aprs.org/aprs11/tocalls.txt before you ask Hessu to support them in aprs.fi? API is at least officially ICOM Cheers Nick VA3NNW

Rick Wesselink

Sep 18, 2021, 11:03:34 AM9/18/21
to aprs.fi
Hi Nick,

Thank you for your response. I know the list on Github and the new Icom devices with D-APRS are missing. I already mailed Bob and he added the list of Icom's devices to the TOCALL.txt overview. Only the 705 was missing but I think Bob will add this on a short notice as well.

The current Icom overview: (all factory set and stated in the operation manuals)
API282 for ICOM IC-2820
API31 for ICOM ID-31
API410 for ICOM ID-4100
API51 for ICOM ID-51
API510 for ICOM ID-5100
API710 for ICOM IC-7100
API80 for ICOM IC-80
API880 for ICOM ID-880
API910 for ICOM IC-9100
API92 for ICOM IC-92
API970 for ICOM IC-9700

Nosey Nick VA3NNW

Sep 19, 2021, 2:01:09 PM9/19/21
to aprs.fi
Rick PE2AAB wrote:
The current Icom overview: (all factory set and stated in the operation manuals)
API282 for ICOM IC-2820
API31 for ICOM ID-31

[etc etc]

I have made https://github.com/hessu/aprs-deviceid/pull/51/files on the assumption that all these are correct, and have confirmed that they are in http://www.aprs.org/aprs11/tocalls.txt - Will still need Hessu to review / approve / merge, and do whatever it takes to get that onto aprs.fi itself though.

73! Nick VA3NNW

Rick Wesselink

Sep 29, 2021, 5:17:52 PM9/29/21
to aprs.fi
Great Job Nick!

Thanks. I didn't knew how to add them. This is great!
Yes I double checked the several (factory set) TOCALL's with the respective Icom owners and they all could confirm that these calls where set in the devices as factory standard.

Let's wait what Hessu thinks of it ;-) Anyhow thanks all for the support.

BR
Rick, PE2AAB