Linking CALLSIGN to CALLSIGN-# as displayed on map

Ron

Jun 24, 2024, 5:51:46 PM (9 days ago) Jun 24
to aprs.fi
I'm having difficulty getting my CALLSIGN-Alias (eg. KJ5XX-10)to show up on the map like I've noticed others are.

When I login to APRS and beacon my location it only shows my callsign - KJ5XX on the map and not KJ5XX--10 as defined in my alias.

Also, how do I change the Icon from a telephone to a house icon??

Hope I'm making sense.

73,

Ron Bean - KJ5XX

Heikki Hannikainen

Jun 24, 2024, 5:59:44 PM (9 days ago) Jun 24
to aprs.fi
On Mon, 24 Jun 2024, Ron wrote:

> I'm having difficulty getting my CALLSIGN-Alias (eg. KJ5XX-10)to show up on the map like I've noticed others are.
>
> When I login to APRS and beacon my location it only shows my callsign - KJ5XX on the map and not KJ5XX--10 as defined in my alias.
>
> Also, how do I change the Icon from a telephone to a house icon??

Hi,

It seems like you're uploading the position from the web site
(https://aprs.fi/#!call=w%2F7921015901) which helps answering the
question.

You can change the station's name to be KJ5XX-10 in the Settings of the
web station, here: https://aprs.fi/my/

The symbol can be changed there, too.

- Hessu