aprs.fi info page

Klaus Lohmann

May 5, 2024, 2:30:40 PMMay 5
to aprs.fi
Why are some calls/ship names in bold?

If not too much effort I would like to see different icons for different vessel types as provided by AIS. At least Sailing / Leisure Motor / Passenger / Commercial. But of course this is only AIS related.
73 from Klaus, DJ8KL/mm (-;

David W Mitchell

May 5, 2024, 5:09:22 PMMay 5
to apr...@googlegroups.com
I don't seem to even get AIS info anymore. I used to be able to see the vessels on the Columbia River, click on them and get their info. I did not filter it out, it just stopped months ago.

73 DE KJ7WUZ
Dave

Heikki Hannikainen

May 5, 2024, 5:14:58 PMMay 5
to apr...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, 5 May 2024, David W Mitchell wrote:

> I don't seem to even get AIS info anymore. I used to be able to see the vessels on the Columbia
> River, click on them and get their info. I did not filter it out, it just stopped months ago.

Probably the AIS receiver that has been feeding the data has been shut
down (or failed).

- Hessu

Heikki Hannikainen

May 5, 2024, 5:16:54 PMMay 5
to aprs.fi
On Thu, 2 May 2024, Klaus Lohmann wrote:

> Why are some calls/ship names in bold?

The recently heard ones are shown in bold.

> If not too much effort I would like to see different icons for different vessel types as provided
> by AIS. At least Sailing / Leisure Motor / Passenger / Commercial. But of course this is only AIS
> related.

There's a bunch of different icons for different vessel types (sailing,
motor, passenger/ferry, pilot, oil, tug, etc) already. Is something not
working?

- Hessu

Klaus Lohmann

May 7, 2024, 2:39:05 PMMay 7
to aprs.fi
> There's a bunch of different icons for different vessel types
Yes, Hessu. It seems to me (now), that only sailers (AIS, not APRS) are displayed as motor yachts. See attached screenshot of a marina.
Greetings, Klaus
BTW: I really like the 100°E decision....
PIC1.jpg