can you delete a position posting

Tom Medlin

Sep 7, 2022, 5:15:21 AM9/7/22
to aprs.fi
We are tracking our pico balloon around the world.   ssid is w5kub-112.    someone posted a position report via tcp-ip which was thousands of miles away from the location.  Is there a way that I can delete specific spot entries which were false or bogus?  Thanks, Tom W5KUB

Jon Kelley

Sep 14, 2022, 5:59:06 PM9/14/22
to aprs.fi
Nope. I don't think there is a way.

Heikki Hannikainen

Nov 21, 2022, 2:13:10 AM11/21/22
to aprs.fi
No, not really. aprs.fi just records what it receives, including invalid
data, unless it manages to automatically detect the invalid data and
filter it out.

Because there is no convenient way to prove (in an automated fashion) that
someone on the Internet is the true authorized holder of that callsign, it
is not practical to let people delete data from aprs.fi, as it would allow
anyone to delete anyone else's data as well.

- Hessu