aprs.fi grid locator overlay

Florian Wolters

Aug 12, 2022, 2:53:45 AM8/12/22
to apr...@googlegroups.com
Dear group,

I am using aprs.fi for years now and recently got the idea that it might
be useful to have an overlay which shows grid locators as a raster like
this for example:

http://qsomap.adventureradio.de/mapsanalysis.php?log=977067

Is there a way to create such an overlay? Would aid satellite grid
chasers chasing grid activators who use APRS. ;-)

vy73 de Florian DF2ET

Geoff Mather - g8dhe

Aug 12, 2022, 9:14:58 AM8/12/22
to aprs.fi
Its been done for the SOTA maps see here https://www.sotamaps.org/ click the "GRIDS" tab and select the type of grid wanted, so the overlay details must already be available ....

Florian Wolters

Aug 18, 2022, 5:01:42 PM8/18/22
to apr...@googlegroups.com
Hej,

> Its been done for the SOTA maps see here https://www.sotamaps.org/
> click the "GRIDS" tab and select the type of grid wanted, so the
> overlay details must already be available ....

That looks very nice and I am playing around with kml overlays at the
moment.

But maybe it would be an option to build that into aprs.fi directly so
that you can choose to activate it just like on sotamaps @Hessu?

vy73 de Florian DF2ET