A pandemic of words (via Google Groups)

Asociación Profesores Inglés Rosario

Aug 24, 2020, 12:01:47 PM8/24/20
to Difusion APrIR

Join us to explore lexical innovation

Pandemic proportions. Coronnials. Fomites. PPE. Covidiots. Case cluster. Unsurprisingly, Covid-related expressions have been spreading like a virus (no pun intended). Can you genuinely say that you have truly tapped into this wealth of collocations, neologisms and field-specific expressions? No need to worry if you can’t. Whether you’re struggling with this new lingo or simply want to “speak Corona” fluently we can administer the perfect antidote for you (ok, yes…we admit it: pun intended!). In this webinar, our aim is threefold: to offer a user-friendly approach to tackling this semantic area, to boost your lexical competence and to empower you to put this newly acquired knowledge into practice with your students. Join us in our quest to spread this lexical antidote around!

When? Friday August 28th – 7pm to 8pm

Where? Online, via Zoom. You will receive access details one day before the workshop.

APRIR members: free of charge

Profesorado and Traductorado students: $100

Members of FAAPI-affiliated TAs: $100

Non-members: $200

Form of payment: Bank transfer (You will need the transfer details to submit the form)

Banco Nación Suc. 3020- Rosario
CBU Nº 0110444240044427146462
Cuenta Corriente Especial
Nº de cuenta: 444271464/6
Asociación de Profesores de Inglés de Rosario
CUIT: 30680502109

Limited vacancies.
Deadline to enrol: Friday August 28th at noon.

Enrol here

Reminder: Join us for the second session!

How much does it cost?

For APRIR members: $300 each session.

For non-members: $450 each session.

Vacancies are very limited, because a reading group like this one must be kept small, so secure your place by paying in advance. First come, first served!

Pay by bank transfer AND email the slip to secre...@aprir.org.ar.

Banco Nación Suc. 3020- Rosario
CBU Nº 0110444240044427146462
Cuenta Corriente Especial
Nº de cuenta: 444271464/6
Asociación de Profesores de Inglés de Rosario
CUIT: 30680502109

Details and enrolment
Share Share
Tweet Tweet
Forward Forward
Facebook
Twitter
Link
Website
YouTube
Copyright © 2020 APRIR, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
in...@aprir.org.ar

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp