Is there a method of returning deleted files to their original location

kram102030

Aug 17, 2016, 1:02:05 PM8/17/16
to AppTrap
I accidentally deleted an application's files. I have found them in Trash but I do not know their original location.
Is there a simple way to return them to where they came from?
Thanks

Aaron Lowndes

Aug 17, 2016, 9:13:18 PM8/17/16
to AppTrap
you should be able to right-click on files in the trash and select "Put Back" which should put them back in their original location.

Blake Duerden

Nov 1, 2016, 10:22:03 PM11/1/16
to AppTrap
This trick doesn't seem to work on Mac. I recently updated Evernote and it placed files that clearly stored all my info in the Trash. Now my updated Evernote for Mac has none of the notes in it (the web version still does) so it's a local issue. The files are in the trash but like the other poster I don't know where they go