Catilina - Startup message

Carlos Vega

Jun 27, 2020, 1:56:47 AM6/27/20
to AppTrap
Just wondering if anyone has ran into issues with mac disabling the app by default on load, then asking if the app can run in the background?

Patrick Raynaud

May 18, 2021, 12:18:05 PM5/18/21
to AppTrap
Hello Carlos,
I have the same issue with AppTrap v1.2.3 on Catlina and was wondering if you found a solution for it?

Victor Bottacco

Jan 7, 2023, 5:51:36 PM1/7/23
to AppTrap
I have the same problem and I am afraid that it will be worse once I update to Big Sur, Monterey or Ventura.

Is this app still in development? I tried sending an email to the author via his web page, but I haven't received any answer in several months.

Cheers

Robio

Sep 8, 2023, 10:38:33 PM9/8/23
to AppTrap
FYI, AppCleaner is in active development, is free, and does the same thing as AppTrap.

Victor Bottacco

Sep 11, 2023, 8:04:35 AM9/11/23
to AppTrap
Thanx Robio, I have known about AppCleaner since it came out many years ago, but in the beginning it didn't have the automatic functionality, so I dismissed
it because AppTrap was less obtrusive. After reading your message I decided to check it just in case it had changed over the years and there it is, it can now detect apps send to the trash and offer you the possibility of deleting all the associated files.
Right now I will be using both and see how it works.
Thanks again Robio and for anybody else that reads this, you need to activate the automatic behavior in Preferences of AppCleaner.
Cheers