App doesn't open after repacking with appToMarket

vasista k.j

Jul 5, 2015, 8:38:09 AM7/5/15
to appto...@googlegroups.com
As I have lot of assets, I use appToMarket (v32, v40) to decompile , place all assets and then repackage.
Problem is after repacking , if i install. I am not able to open the app. When ever i try opening app it throws "unfortunately, MyAppTest has stopped ".

It was working fine till last ai2 update. after that i am facing this issue.

Taifun

Jul 5, 2015, 10:15:37 AM7/5/15
to appto...@googlegroups.com
to find out more about the Runtime Error, you can use Logcat

I normally use Eclipse and Logcat there, but if you have installed the App Inventor Software (see also http://appinventor.mit.edu/explore/ai2/setup-emulator.html), you already have everything you need to use logcat...

How to use Logcat
  1. connect your device using USB with your computer
  2. in File Manger go to the App Inventor directory, which is  C:\Program Files\App Inventor or similar
  3. press Shift and right mouse click the subdirectory commands-for-Appinventor to get the context menu
  4. select "open command window here" and you will get a command window of that subdirectory
  5. enter adb logcat and the logcat will start running
To copy your log, right click, click "select all" and enter to copy the complete log into the clipboard, then open Notepad and paste it using ctrl-v.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits of App Inventor! Snippets and Tutorials from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

Marco

Oct 12, 2015, 3:52:29 AM10/12/15
to AppToMarket
Hello Taifun,

sorry but I got the same error. If I just use the .apk file from AppInventor everything works fine.
But when I use the zip-aligned file from AppToMarket, my app crashes, when I try to open it.
Her I have some debug code, generated with logcat. Perhaps you can help me?

E/AndroidRuntime(24892): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime(24892): Process: appinventor.ai_MyName01.English_G_21_A3, PID: 24892
E/AndroidRuntime(24892): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{appinventor.ai_MyName01.English_G_21_A3/appinventor.ai_MyName01.English_G_21_A3.Screen1}: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'android.view.ViewParent android.view.View.getParent()' on a null object reference
E/AndroidRuntime(24892): at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2658)
E/AndroidRuntime(24892): at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2723)
E/AndroidRuntime(24892): at android.app.ActivityThread.access$900(ActivityThread.java:172)
E/AndroidRuntime(24892): at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1422)
E/AndroidRuntime(24892): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
E/AndroidRuntime(24892): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:145)
E/AndroidRuntime(24892): at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5832)
E/AndroidRuntime(24892): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime(24892): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:372)
E/AndroidRuntime(24892): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:1399)
E/AndroidRuntime(24892): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1194)
E/AndroidRuntime(24892): Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'android.view.ViewParent android.view.View.getParent()' on a null object reference
E/AndroidRuntime(24892): at com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.Form.TitleVisible(Form.java:967)
E/AndroidRuntime(24892): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime(24892): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:372)
E/AndroidRuntime(24892): at gnu.expr.PrimProcedure.apply(PrimProcedure.java:285)
E/AndroidRuntime(24892): at gnu.mapping.CallContext.runUntilDone(CallContext.java:234)
E/AndroidRuntime(24892): at gnu.mapping.CallContext.runUntilValue(CallContext.java:298)
E/AndroidRuntime(24892): at gnu.expr.GenericProc.applyN(GenericProc.java:120)
E/AndroidRuntime(24892): at gnu.kawa.reflect.Invoke.applyN(Invoke.java:193)
E/AndroidRuntime(24892): at gnu.mapping.ProcedureN.apply3(ProcedureN.java:48)
E/AndroidRuntime(24892): at com.google.youngandroid.runtime.$PcSetAndCoerceProperty$Ex(runtime5936352792577346427.scm:1065)
E/AndroidRuntime(24892): at com.google.youngandroid.runtime.setAndCoerceProperty$Ex(runtime5936352792577346427.scm:191)
E/AndroidRuntime(24892): at appinventor.ai_MyName01.English_G_21_A3.Screen1.lambda29(Screen1.yail:35)
E/AndroidRuntime(24892): at appinventor.ai_MyName01.English_G_21_A3.Screen1$frame.apply0(Screen1.yail:12)
E/AndroidRuntime(24892): at gnu.expr.ModuleMethod.apply0(ModuleMethod.java:186)
E/AndroidRuntime(24892): at kawa.lang.Promise.force(Promise.java:27)
E/AndroidRuntime(24892): at kawa.lang.Promise.force(Promise.java:37)
E/AndroidRuntime(24892): at kawa.lib.misc.force(misc.scm:98)
E/AndroidRuntime(24892): at appinventor.ai_MyName01.English_G_21_A3.Screen1.$define(Screen1.yail:10239)
E/AndroidRuntime(24892): at com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.Form.onCreate(Form.java:246)
E/AndroidRuntime(24892): at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:6221)
E/AndroidRuntime(24892): at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1119)
E/AndroidRuntime(24892): at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2611)

Marco

Oct 12, 2015, 6:17:08 AM10/12/15
to AppToMarket
I found a solution:

When in AppInventor Screen1, Title is unset then this error occurs. That's all.
You have to leave title set and then only change in AppToMarket.

Doug Hodges

Oct 27, 2015, 5:36:53 PM10/27/15
to AppToMarket
I am using the same keystore file/Alias/password that I originally submitted my app to the play store with but after making some updates & trying to publish it says my sha1 signature does not match. As I said, same keystore double checked Alias & password. They are correct, as I had them stored in lastpass. Anything else I can try?

G Akshay

Mar 30, 2016, 2:46:18 PM3/30/16
to AppToMarket
Hi Taifun,

I am trying created an app which is more than 10 MB. So I used apptomarket to create that, so I added many pics in temp_myDecompiles\assets folder. After running app in phone when I open pics, after seeing of some pics then I am getting run time error. I don't know why. Can you please help me out? and go through screenshot. I put target SDK value as 0 and min SDK 3 or 9.

5 Temmuz 2015 Pazar 19:45:37 UTC+5:30 tarihinde Taifun yazdı:
Screenshot_20160330-234627.png

Taifun

Mar 30, 2016, 5:59:02 PM3/30/16
to AppToMarket
Using Images with App Inventor
Taifun
PS: please do not post the same question in different threads. thank you.