Spinner triggered by a long click.

Kevin Blakely

Jun 16, 2015, 11:56:55 PM6/16/15
to appto...@googlegroups.com

This was an idea I wanted to incorporate into a project I'm working on. Since the project has a lot of buttons, I created this little test app to see if it would work. Unfortunately, so far it is not.

The concept is... when you click a button it adds one to a counter. If you long-click the button it pops up a spinner which allows you to add more than one to the counter.

It pops up the spinner ok but .AfterSelection does not function as I envisioned.

If anyone can see the issue OR has a better way of doing this I'm all ears.

Since the spinner is not called by it's button but rather is called in the blocks, the spinner is hidden in the designer.

(Don't know if it matters, but I'm using the Ai2LiveComplete demo server for this)

Kevin Blakely

Jun 23, 2015, 11:17:33 AM6/23/15
to appto...@googlegroups.com
Since the solution came via email (Thank you to Boban Stojmenovic) I thought I would just post the solution for anyone interested.

It was actually quite simple. When the spinner is hidden in the designer it apparently doesn't function even though it can be called. Boban's solution was to show the spinner in the designer but set the height to .01 on initialization.