A2M kills my ActivityStarter

Toni Schuh

Feb 27, 2015, 1:05:31 PM2/27/15
to appto...@googlegroups.com
Hey,
I have been playing with this for some hours and am tired now. I hope you know what i am doing wrong and can help me.

In my App i do have a Webviewer displaying my homepage. On that homepage is a button with a function that changes the webviewer string. A clock in the app is checking if the string has been changed and if yes it opens the activity starter with the string as DataUri. I use this to open the phones Youtube App, the browser, Google play.

Now to the point: When i build this app from AI2 this works perfectly on my phone. But after i use A2M on the apk this doesn't work anymore. When i click the button just nothing happens.

I played with the settings in A2M, but had no success. Then i decompiled it with A2M, went to /temp_myDecompiles deleted the generatad manifest file and inserted the original one. After recompiling again, signing and verifying with A2M the activity starter works again on my phone. But this way i cannot declare the sdk versions, screens, titlebar, etc. So i think that something A2M puts into the manifest file destroys the activity starter.

I have tried with minsdk 9 and target 19. I also played with different options for the screensize.
I use A2M version 3.2 and a Samsung Galaxy S4 with android 4.4.2

Can you please help me?
Maybe i am putting wrong values into the manifest via A2M?
Maybe permissions have to be declared different?

Enjoy the weekend :-)
Toni

Toni Schuh

Feb 27, 2015, 2:56:05 PM2/27/15
to appto...@googlegroups.com
I spend some more time playing with the values and here is what i found out:
It seems like the only thing that matters is the target sdk. 16 and below works, 17 or higher breaks the function. With/without titlebar etc seems to not matter.

I cannot explain this behaviour, cause i allways thought that the target sdk only says on which device you succesfully tested your app. Whatever - as long as it works now....

(btw: some time ago there was a guy here who couldn't download a .pdf after he used A2M. I guess that those issues are related and his download would work with a target sdk of 16 or smaller)