GAM scripting for GSuite Admin Tools ??

David Fawcett

Aug 24, 2018, 2:41:13 PM8/24/18
to techc...@list.em.ohio.gov, appsus...@googlegroups.com
I an trying to use GAM for bulk User Creation.  I have it working for sigle new user add and CSV add after getting syntax corrected.

Question is how do I create a batch script or Powershell to run based on csv data.

username,firstname,lastname,password for newUser.csv

Example  bbunny,Bugs,Bunny,WhatsUpDoc
EFudd,Elmer,Fudd,WabbitSeason
YSam,Yosemite,Sam,IHateYouRabbit
TBird1,Tweety,Bird,PuttyTat

Then command cli is gam csv newUser.csv gam create user username ~username firstname ~first name  with changepassword on

Thanks
--
Sent from Elmwood Local Schools

David Fawcett
Network Administrator
Elmwood Local Schools
7650 Jerry City Rd Bloomdale, Ohio 44817

Dana Lehman

Aug 24, 2018, 2:55:26 PM8/24/18
to appsus...@googlegroups.com, techcoords
Where are you getting your csv from?
If you have AD / LDAP I'd recommend using GCDS.

I've used excel / sheets go just do a fill down with the correct commands and paste in a cmd window.

GAM also as the ability to run commands with a csv take a look at this documentation.

Here is a power shell example of mine this is only for one user, but I'm sure you can put it in a foreach with a -append
$gam = " gam.exe create alias $oldemail user $email" | out-file c:\gam\gamstaffcmd.cmd -Encoding ascii
cd c:\gam\
c:\gam\gamstaffcmd.cmd

The variables were populated further up the script.
Hope those help.

Dana Lehman
System Administrator
Highland Local Schools