Ideas from the Industrial Council

1 view

Cecilia Donnelly

Jul 18, 2011, 5:15:27 PM7/18/11
to Apps for Metro Chicago Ideas
Weight Limits
Build an app for weight limits on streets (for trucks). This would
help truck drivers find the most efficient routes by preemptively
avoiding the streets they can't drive on. Bonus points for including
low bridges that trucks can't fit under!

Stub

Jul 21, 2011, 10:25:00 PM7/21/11
to Apps for Metro Chicago Ideas
I am interested in working on a app for this, but I am having a hard
time finding the correct data set that contains street weight limits
and additionally bridge heights.

On Jul 18, 4:15 pm, Cecilia Donnelly <donnelly.cecil...@gmail.com>

Jeff Hamilton

Jul 22, 2011, 9:00:16 AM7/22/11
to Apps for Metro Chicago Ideas
Try the Navteq developer community

Cecilia Donnelly

Jul 25, 2011, 3:13:55 PM7/25/11
to Apps for Metro Chicago Ideas
The city hasn't released it as far as I know, but if you can find it
you could combine it with a city data set and be eligible.

Cecilia Donnelly

Jul 27, 2011, 1:18:06 PM7/27/11
to Apps for Metro Chicago Ideas
If you're still interested in this I have some more information - look
for an email from MCIC.