Ideas from the Chicago Public Art Group

Rachel Crosby

Aug 31, 2011, 12:46:31 PM8/31/11
to Apps for Metro Chicago Ideas
CPAG could benefit from an app that connects to CPAG's google map of
public art in Chicago. This app would let users know what art was
nearby based on their location as determined by GPS (or by entering
their address). CPAG already has an existing map on their website
noting where public art in Chicago. Ideally, the app would have
further functionality and would also allow users to take a picture of
an area they think could benefit from a public art project. The user
would upload this picture with a note saying where the location was
and an idea for what kind of public art project could be placed there
(mural, sculpture, etc). The app would inspire such ideas by also
containing a gallery of public art in Chicago. Finally, an ideal CPAG
app would also allow users to place "pins" on a map of public art in
Chicago and upload their own thoughts and experiences when having
encountered that artwork.

App would ideally be a web app and CPAG is open to working with other
organizations such as Architecture for Humanity.

If interested in working with CPAG, respond to this post, and I'll put
you in contact.

Tom

Sep 7, 2011, 1:02:06 AM9/7/11
to Apps for Metro Chicago Ideas
I am working on an app that does precisely this, but in a somewhat
different context. I'd like to talk with CPAG to understand what would
be required to meet their particular need in the context of my app; it
might be that I need to do something special to accommodate their
needs.

Thanks,
Tom

David Glienna (gmail)

Sep 7, 2011, 11:12:12 AM9/7/11
to appsformetro...@googlegroups.com
I have a BING API KEY, and access to MAPS and TRANSLATION Services...

Thanks,

David Glienna
Owner/Lead Technician
SIOK ONLINE - Remote Programming & Repair (PC/Mac)
(773) 234-4270 / (800)646-1387 Chicago, IL  Email: he...@siokonline.com
 24/7/365

MVP - VB Developer
*