Seeking collaborators for launch of CivicLab Chicago

Tom Tresser

Jun 29, 2012, 12:52:02 PM6/29/12
to appsformetro...@googlegroups.com

Colleagues -

I am a long time educator and activist based in Chicago seeking civic engagement practitioners, activists, scholars of civic engagement, coders and designers to participate in the design and operation of the CivicLab, a store space where we can collaborate to do research, teach and build useful tools that will accelerate civic engagement and community improvement efforts. See our temporary site at http://www.civiclab.us

If you would like to know more, please come to the Topics Cafe on Tues, July 3, 6:30-7:30pm to hear about this project and our goals. If you want more information, email me at t...@tresser.com.

My background - Been fighting the Machine here for over 20 years. In 2008 was co-founder of Protect Our Parks which stopped the privatization of Lincoln Park Was co-leader of No Games Chicago in 2009 which fought the bid for the 2016 Olympics. I was the Green Party candidate for Cook County Board President in 2010. I teach civic engagement, public policy, creativity and innovation at four local universities.

Tom Tresser
312-804-3230
t...@tresser.com