An IDEA for APP

Rafaela Frota

Jul 1, 2011, 3:06:49 PM7/1/11
to Apps for Metro Chicago Ideas
I am looking to create an app which would truly help in the way
Illinois residents are living their daily lives!

The idea I had in mind was mainly something that would
resemble the way which the layar app works, giving you a listing of
nearby places (restaurants, movies, cafes, etc.) but improve it with
the addition of reviews of people who went through the metra/or even
just live in those areas and went to nearby places with the family or
any type of outing... that way, people could use their input/
suggestions and choose one metra path versus the other because of that
one restaurant this one guy said was unbelievably great nearby one of
the metra's stop, for instance. Or to go to any part of the city
because of a review a user who went to that restaurant gave. I just
think that it would give the app a greater connection with its users
and simultaneously advertise the use of the metra system more. This,
along with the listing of all the different metra systems that go
through and from chicago and which ones would take longer/ be quicker
to get to the person's desired destination are things that, i think,
would give a unique touch to the app and make it interesting. Also,
the fact that developers are given access to the data of current
elected officials, there could be a section where up to date info on
current illinois issues are displayed to keep the community informed.

If you are interested, or have any suggestions please contact me!

Look forward to hearing from you,

Rafaela Frota