Weird limitations on concurrent transactions

Jose Angel Espinoza Portillo

Oct 6, 2019, 5:29:59 PM10/6/19
to AppScale Community
I have 3 web services, the first call the second, and the second call the third. When call concurrently the first 3 times ( at the "exact" same time) it work as a charm in less than 3 seconds, BUT when I call the service 4 times, I start to get the error: "Call error 11: Deadline exceeded (timeout)" after a minute in 3 of those 4 calls. Did you know if there is a cap in the amount of concurrent transactions?

Jose Angel Espinoza Portillo

Oct 6, 2019, 5:33:03 PM10/6/19
to AppScale Community
In an other note. If I call secuentially all this calls, there is no problem and it handles all the calls.

Chris Donati

Oct 11, 2019, 5:04:39 PM10/11/19
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
That is peculiar. I'll need a bit more info before I can try to help debugging the problem.

When you say you have 3 web services, I'm assuming you mean that you have 3 services (or modules) deployed on AppScale. Is that correct, or are you referring to services that are external to the deployment?

When you use the word transactions, are you referring to datastore transactions, or do you just mean concurrent HTTP requests to the application instances? There are no general limits on concurrent datastore transactions or application requests, but I just want to make sure I'm understanding the situation correctly.

Do you know which process is raising the "Deadline exceeded" error? For example, is it raised while one of the services is trying to make an API call (to the datastore, for example)? Is it one of the web services raising the error while waiting for a response from one of the other web services? Is it your local client that is making the concurrent HTTP requests?