Cleaning database

Prashant Hegde

Apr 20, 2018, 11:06:24 AM4/20/18
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
Dear Appscale Team,

Our appscale database got corrupted somehow, due to which some queries stopped working on the datastore entities. So we thought of cleaning the database and recreate all the entities.

But we are not able to clean the Appscale database using the command:
appscale down --clean

Please note that this used to work in the previous version of appscale, but stopped working after we upgraded to v 3.5.

Can you please guide us on how to effectively clean the database in the new version.

Regards,
Prashant

Chris Donati

Apr 20, 2018, 8:40:01 PM4/20/18
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
It's very concerning to hear about data corruption. What kind of errors were you seeing? Do you suspect it was a hardware problem (eg. a disk failure)? Did you have replication defined in your AppScalefile?

What error are you seeing with `appscale down --clean`? If you need to, you can force a clean by logging on to each of the machines and running `/root/appscale/AppController/terminate.rb clean`.