PHP + Mysql using faststart

Phat Le

Sep 12, 2018, 11:19:20 PM9/12/18
to AppScale Community
i have installed both mysql-server, mysql-client in Docker Container running AppScale, how can i connect my php app with Mysql server and specify the database URL in my app.yaml file.

Chris Donati

Sep 13, 2018, 3:08:55 AM9/13/18
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
You can define your MySQL configuration settings with environment variables as described here: https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/standard/php/config/appref#runtime_and_app_elements (the env_variables element).

You can then establish a connection as you would normally do from a PHP app. Here is an example: https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/standard/php/cloud-sql/using-cloud-sql-mysql#code_sample_overview

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018, 8:19 PM Phat Le <lehuu...@gmail.com> wrote:
i have installed both mysql-server, mysql-client in Docker Container running AppScale, how can i connect my php app with Mysql server and specify the database URL in my app.yaml file.

Phat Le

Sep 14, 2018, 1:08:42 AM9/14/18
to AppScale Community
Hi Chris,