Session Issue in multi instance scenario - users logging out

Prashant Hegde

Mar 7, 2019, 8:42:36 AM3/7/19
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
Hello.

We are using appscale 3.6, App is in Java.

When we have 2 instances for the appserver, we are observing that our application users are getting logged out  - i.e session is invalidated. We think that this happens when the requests are served by the instance which is not the same as the one which was used to login.

Are we missing configuration to set it up the sessions ? We do have "session-enabled" in appengine-web.xml

Any help in this regard is appreciated.

Regards
Prashant

Chris Donati

Mar 8, 2019, 2:07:39 AM3/8/19
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
I don't think we have any automated tests for the Java runtime's sessions implementation. My guess is that the SDK is storing session data in memory rather than using memcache and the datastore. I would recommend opening an issue for this on the AppScale Github repo. I will take a look when I can, but I'm not sure I will have time in the next few days.

Prashant Hegde

Mar 8, 2019, 3:34:48 AM3/8/19
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Chris.