some problem about appScale on Docker

yxwd...@gmail.com

Nov 14, 2018, 2:15:21 AM11/14/18
to AppScale Community
I have pulled the latest AppScale version by running this command:
docker pull appscale/appscale:latest,

Then I started the container by running:
docker run -i -t appscale/appscale:latest /bin/bash

I entered the container and run the following command:
bash appscale/scripts/fast-start.sh --no-demo-app

Then there was mistake that I can not resolve:
Port 172.17.0.2:1080 did not open in time. Aborting...

1.jpg

Chris Donati

Nov 14, 2018, 12:54:04 PM11/14/18
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
I suspect the issue is that the AdminServer is unable to use cgroups to start the datastore server. If you check /var/log/appscale/admin_server.log, you may see an error like "OSError: [Errno 30] Read-only file system: '/sys/fs/cgroup/memory/appscale-datastore'". This is a somewhat recent regression in our docker image.

You can try running the docker container with the "--privileged" flag to fix the problem, but I would recommend using a VM (I usually use Vagrant) instead of a container for running AppScale. We don't test our docker container nearly as much as our other images.