Got exception from socket: [Errno 111] Connection refused

am...@tintash.com

Jul 10, 2018, 2:52:43 PM7/10/18
to AppScale Community
Hi,

I have been trying to check the appscale status but it says:

Got exception from socket: [Errno 111] Connection refused

this is the log details of the error.

(appscale-tools-env) ubuntu@ip-172-31-12-96:~/staging$ tail -f /home/ubuntu/.appscale/log-13ea687f-cc77-44a0-a2e7-2945042facb8

exception : AppControllerException

tools_version : 3.5.0

platform : Linux-4.4.0-1057-aws-x86_64-with-Ubuntu-16.04-xenial

message : Got exception from socket: [Errno 111] Connection refused

runtime : CPython

"appscale logs <dir>" command isn't working as well and returns the same exception [Errno 111] connection refused.

"appscale up" gets stuck on "waiting for head node to initialize". Please let me know how can I solve this?

am...@tintash.com

Jul 10, 2018, 2:56:08 PM7/10/18
to AppScale Community

(appscale-tools-env) $ appscale status

AppScale deployment is probably down

Got exception from socket: [Errno 111] Connection refused

A log with more information is available at

/home/ubuntu/.appscale/log-45f43509-ed8a-4f8b-bcfd-dbd99e1af8cc.

Chris Donati

Jul 11, 2018, 12:12:54 PM7/11/18
to appscale_...@googlegroups.com
In this case, the tools are trying to communicate with the controller on the head node. A connection refused indicates that the controller probably crashed. I would recommend logging on to the head node and checking /var/log/appscale/controller.log. There may be a stacktrace near the bottom of the file.

Are you using a pre-built image, or did you build from source? We had a recent gem dependency issue that was fixed in 3.5.3 that was causing the controller to crash on boot.