Re: [Apps4Av] Digest for apps4av-forum@googlegroups.com - 6 updates in 2 topics

Bill Volcko

Sep 3, 2022, 4:21:00 PM9/3/22
to apps4a...@googlegroups.com
I can connect to Stratux with tablet browser.  Avare will not connect.  😕

Sent from iPhone

On Sep 3, 2022, at 12:40 PM, apps4a...@googlegroups.com wrote:

Simon Roberts <dancingclou...@gmail.com>: Sep 02 10:07AM -0700

Can you connect your browser (on the tablet) directly to the Stratux? If
that fails, there's something amiss that's not Avare's fault. If it
succeeds, then, well, I guess that points at Avare.

John Rodkey <rod...@westmont.edu>: Sep 02 03:29PM -0700

I heard elsewhere that you need to make sure you've connected to the
stratux wifi before opening Avare. Could this be your problem?

On Friday, September 2, 2022 at 10:07:03 AM UTC-7 dancingclou...@gmail.com
wrote:

Shane Lenagh <shane...@gmail.com>: Sep 02 10:02PM -0500

For my testing I am not using my actual Stratux (as I need to manually
manipulate my ownship and traffic data for the tests), but rather a GDL90
Stratux simulator written by a foreflight engineering manager:
https://github.com/etdey/gdl90

It does work fine after I visit the IO page (the "hack") , though,
suggesting it isn't the source.

On Fri, Sep 2, 2022, 12:07 Simon Roberts <dancingclou...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Simon Roberts <dancingclou...@gmail.com>: Sep 02 10:29AM -0700

I notice several comments about Avare not displaying traffic until after
visiting the IO tab, even though the checkbox therein is still checked.

I poked about a bit, and I think this is related to a startup order /
timing issue.

If I start my Stratux and wait long enough that I'm sure it's fully booted,
and probably even receiving traffic, and the GPS is stabilized, Avare seems
to connect perfectly every time (of course, "ever time" should be "has
succeeded in all my half-dozen tests so far"!!)

If, instead, I start the Stratux, then immediately go to the network
options page, wait for the Stratux network to appear, connect to that
network, then immediately start Avare, it seems that I'll have to do the
"go to the IO page" hack.

Perhaps this info might be useful to the developers, and on the offchance
that it is, perhaps others might try these tests and see if it's the same
for you?

$0.02 (with a two cent discount for the next 24 hours!)
Cheers,
Simon
Adam Radloff <aera...@gmail.com>: Sep 02 01:36PM -0400

"I notice several comments about Avare not displaying traffic until after
visiting the IO tab, even though the checkbox therein is still checked."
I can confirm this also, no matter when my Stratux is started. This all
came about when the IO app was incorporated into Avare. Unfortunately
wrapping the IO app into Avare has caused a lot of headaches for us and the
developers.

Adam

On Fri, Sep 2, 2022, 1:29 PM Simon Roberts <
Eric Jacobsen <ejaco...@cox.net>: Sep 02 11:36AM -0700

This just started on the last release of Avare for me. Was working fine
before that. It seems like the last few releases broke quite a few
functions that were working before.

And on mine the boot order doesn't seem to matter.