Re: [Apps4Av] Abridged summary of apps4av-forum@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

Bill Wood

Aug 23, 2021, 10:17:44 PM8/23/21
to apps4a...@googlegroups.com
Is it still possible to get the PDF to function and if so HOW?

On Mon, Aug 23, 2021 at 9:40 AM <apps4a...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
ronko001 <ronk...@gmail.com>: Aug 22 03:54PM -0500

Because contrast is so limited when the background of terrain has to be illuminated,  I was wondering if the data base of the downloaded maps have the background, terrain, if it is a specific layer, ...more

Thank You

Bill Wood
California Security Pro
napa...@gmail.com
707-815-3313
Like my page on Facebook!

Jeffrey Ross

Aug 23, 2021, 10:24:03 PM8/23/21
to apps4a...@googlegroups.com
I think you mean the PFD not PDF.  Yes it works but it needs an external device to feed pitch and roll, such as the ADHRs for the Stratux.

I personally don't use it, nor would I trust the ADHRs unit in a stratux as just sitting on my desk it tends to drift, plus I think that it needs to be setup/calibrated prior to every flight otherwise it is pretty much useless.