Failed to Register

Rares Vernica

Sep 9, 2022, 12:23:50 AM9/9/22
to Apps4Av Forum
Hello,

I have an Android 4.4.2 tablet. I cold not install Avare from Play Store. I manually installed the 10.1.1 version. I can't get past the Registration screen. I provide my email and click Register. I see the "Registering..." message and after a minute I see "Failed to register...". Is there a workaround for this?

Thank you!
Rares

Jeffrey Ross

Sep 9, 2022, 4:58:50 AM9/9/22
to Apps4Av Forum
Android 4.4.x is to old and is incapable of registering with the servers due to the lack of secure SSL protocols.

We were forced to upgrade the SSL stack on the backend servers to continue to file flight plans ATC, this had the defect of removing several of the older insecure protocols which were the only ones available to Android 4.4,x.

There we some postings about it we'll over a year so (maybe 2 years ago?)

Sent from my cell phone