AvareX now available on Canonical Store (Linux)

Apps4av Support

May 28, 2024, 10:39:59 AMMay 28
to Apps4Av Forum
https://snapcraft.io/avarex

Note that PDF viewer and the export file functions do not work on Linux.

--
Regards,
Apps For Aviators Support,

We encourage users to use the Forum for all questions. Any updates to the forum will help other users, who might have similar questions.
Forum: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/apps4av-forum

Gaurav S. Kc

Jun 12, 2024, 1:26:10 PMJun 12
to Apps4Av Forum
FYI, you may need to delete pre-existing files if you have a pre-snap install:
rm -rf $HOME/.local/share/com.apps4av.avaremp

I hadn't used snap before, so ended up running these commands to get snap and avarex (via snap):
sudo apt-get -y install snapd
sudo snap install snap-store
sudo snap install avarex

And the app was installed here:
/snap/avarex/current/AvareX

Jeremie Dobbs

Jun 12, 2024, 7:07:45 PMJun 12
to apps4a...@googlegroups.com

Great info!
I wonder if it might be possible for the Linux installer to be available through another method?
I don't have easy access to snap (my computer doesn't run systemd, a requirement for snapd).
It also looks like the installer is no longer available on github outside of snap.

Thanks for all the work you guys do to bring this Amazing software to us!

--J