Status 3

Dan M

Jul 7, 2022, 2:32:30 PM7/7/22
to Apps4Av Forum
Hello,
Does Avare work in conjunction with a Stratus 3 receiver? Please be kind. Technically challenged here.

Rich K

Jul 7, 2022, 9:53:35 PM7/7/22
to Apps4Av Forum
If you follow the gist in this link, it might.

https://stratusbyappareo.com/stratus-3-compatible-apps/
"Stratus 3 was designed using the GDL-90 protocol, meaning it will work with a variety of EFBs. It can be switched to “Open ADS-B Mode” within the Stratus Settings (found in our free app Stratus Horizon Pro)."

I think you need the above app to make the "Open ADS-B Mode"

Avare is not in the link's list, but if Fltplan Go works, Avare should.

Jeffrey Ross

Jul 7, 2022, 10:04:26 PM7/7/22
to apps4a...@googlegroups.com
On the Android, Andrew Sarangan, who is an Avare user, wrote a simple program that will change the Stratus from FF Mode to Open mode, see this link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.sarangan.adsb

Jeff

Steve Voelker

Jul 7, 2022, 11:25:32 PM7/7/22
to Rich K, Apps4Av Forum
Use ADS-B MONITOR app found in the play store to set Stratus to open.

Dan M

Jul 8, 2022, 9:23:42 AM7/8/22
to Steve Voelker, Rich K, Apps4Av Forum
Thanks a heap guys. Now, I have some work to do.

Dan M

Sep 22, 2022, 1:23:44 PM9/22/22
to Apps4Av Forum
Update: I tested my Avare connection to my flying club's Stratus 3 while on the ground. I energize the Stratus 3, confirm the WiFi connection to my Samsung Tab A and then open Avare. My Tab A automatically connects to the Stratus without opening the ADSB Monitor app. Seeing lots of traffic. I assume that I will see weather etc. when at sufficient altitude. Please let me know if I am missing anything. Thanks again for your guidance.