Window 11, stratux position

Rich Klarich

Jun 14, 2024, 11:19:57 AMJun 14
to Apps4Av Forum
Stratux via web browser works as usual, wifi to port 4000 on ip 192.168.10.1.

Close browser, open AvareX, all layer tabs on, no position.

Ond red exclamation top right. Tap, "GPS Signal" GPS lock cannot be obtained.

Same if I leave the functioning browser open, Stratux status all good, position and traffic live.

Is Windows position GPS puck USB only? Is traffic and wx live?  Not flying on windows, just comparing to iPad.

Brett Friermood

Jun 14, 2024, 1:59:48 PMJun 14
to Apps4Av Forum
I am currently running an older version on Windows (0.0.2+2, installed from Github prior to availability via Windows store and kept at that due to the ability to see all received aircraft, a primary function of the computer) and have actually had no success with using location within Windows in any way. I always connect to a Stratux device so it doesn't matter to me, but the computer has a built-in GPS accessible via com port that I have never seen AvareX find. I assume this will be the same with any USB or otherwise connected GPS.

As far as the Stratux connection, I have found it can vary how long AvareX takes to recognize a Stratux is providing data. I have at times had AvareX sit with no data when I know and have verified through the web page that the Stratux is functioning, receiving traffic, and has good GPS lock. In these cases closing and restarting AvareX has usually found the Stratux relatively quickly. One caveat is this is on Windows 10, I have not seen Avarex on Windows 11 yet.

I did run into a new situation a couple days ago, which I think is a Windows issue and not specific to AvareX. I attempted to set up a Windows tablet, also Windows 10, to connect to the Stratux and display AvareX on an external monitor. Although I could connect to the Stratux web page, AvareX would not find it regardless of what I tried. Although I am not sure the exact reason, and did not spend time troubleshooting it, I believe it was something with Windows because it would also not recognize the HDMI connected monitor.

Apps4av Support

Jun 14, 2024, 4:41:32 PMJun 14
to Brett Friermood, Apps4Av Forum
GPS in PCs is not a popular feature. It may be a position provided by IP address but who knows.
Try using an ADSB receiver with GPS, sending data on ADSB ports.

Regards,
Apps For Aviators Support,

We encourage users to use the Forum for all questions. Any updates to the forum will help other users, who might have similar questions.
Forum: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/apps4av-forum

Apps4av Support

Jun 14, 2024, 6:27:39 PMJun 14
to Brett Friermood, Apps4Av Forum
Please don't install avarex or a avare from GitHub. It can cause a lot of issues.