Major change to charts, plates, and suppliments

Apps4av Support

Jun 14, 2024, 5:00:47 PMJun 14
to Apps4Av Forum
Hi All

We are changing our chart delivery significantly starting next cycle - July 11.

** You will need to update AvareX and Avare to be able to update your charts, plates and other data **

This is being done to significantly reduce the developers time, use the modern build mechanisms to speed up the chart generation, and to consolidate the code.

Instead of following the FAA designations, we are dividing the US in 9 major regions. All charts, plates, CSUP will be downloaded in regions. These regions are based on the FAA chart supplement regions. The major advantage to the users is they do not have to remember their chart names.

For example, if I am going to Bar Harbor, ME, I need to download the Montreal sectional. With this new scheme, you will download Northeast instead.

The disadvantage is that download file sizes will be bigger as several states combine to make one region. It is assumed that internet connectivity to fast broadband is a last decade's concern.

Will keep you updated.

--
Regards,
Apps For Aviators Support,

We encourage users to use the Forum for all questions. Any updates to the forum will help other users, who might have similar questions.
Forum: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/apps4av-forum

John W 4sba

Jun 14, 2024, 7:43:12 PMJun 14
to Apps4av Support, Apps4Av Forum
> changing our chart delivery ... [saves] developers time...
> users [don't] have to remember their chart names.

Thanks, Kudos and Congratulations on saving time for Dev Team and Users.

Now I just need to remember that Avare & AvareX need to be updated
before doing the next chart update. ;)

Randy Forbes

Jun 14, 2024, 9:28:15 PMJun 14
to Apps4Av Forum
OH MAAANNNN!
I just memorized all of the sectionals....
hahahahha
(Not really, I'm too old to do that.)

David Farleman

Jun 14, 2024, 10:18:47 PMJun 14
to Apps4Av Forum
Love this.  Looking forward to the update.

Suzanne C.

Jun 14, 2024, 10:29:29 PMJun 14
to Apps4av Support, Apps4Av Forum
Excellent move!
Looking forward to it.
That'll make things tons easier...and yes, it'll take some space, but that's what FltPlanGo does anyway. The advantage is no airport left unturned.

Thank you.

Sent from my high-tech Samsung device 📲

c!

Apps4av Support

Jun 25, 2024, 9:58:25 PMJun 25
to Apps4Av Forum
This is a reminder that we will be providing only new regions based charts for 2407 (July 11).

AvareX user do not need to do anything.

Avare users will need to update their app from the Play Store after July 1 and before July 11 to update their charts.

Apps4Av Support.

Ibrahim C

Jul 12, 2024, 8:16:45 PM (7 days ago) Jul 12
to Apps4av Support, Apps4Av Forum
One question, before I update Avare should I manually delete the existing sectional map files, etc. from the download page to free up memory, or will these files be deleted automatically when I download the new regionally grouped maps?

Jeffrey Ross

Jul 12, 2024, 8:47:08 PM (7 days ago) Jul 12
to Ibrahim C, Apps4Av Forum
No need, the files in the directory will be overwritten

Sent from my cell phone