Gps

John Moen

Jan 14, 2022, 9:37:21 PM1/14/22
to Apps4Av Forum
Unable to connect with tablet gps. Gps works on other apps but not Avare?

michael terry

Jan 15, 2022, 1:33:38 PM1/15/22
to Apps4Av Forum
I had a problem connecting to GPS and the stratux ADSB, until i deleted the competing EFB app (Flightplan Go)
now it works fine

t v

Jan 15, 2022, 3:44:45 PM1/15/22
to Apps4Av Forum
Hi Kat...
Please post your Device Model  / Make, Avare Ver, Settings, other apps you may be running that use the internal GPS All the users that I know of that have AOS 11 seem to able to use Avare but there are some that re having some issues with Avare IO.
It may be a good idea to create a list of the problem devices that users can stay away from or find a solution for them, and if you find a solution please post it here. At this point I will NOT buy another new anything that has a AOS in it, there are many older . inexpensive devices that work fine with older Avare versions that you can find here: http://www.apps4av.org/share/?O=D
Thinks are likely to get worse as Gobble it trying to make all apps and devices that they are not currently making money from obsolete. I just go messages from some of my Cell phone carriers warning me that I need to change my  phone, buy a new phone, and when I questioned them about it they said it was a mistake the devices do Not have to be changed and are still current and useful.
The are some users that are posting trying to confuse others about what may / may not work, APIs..  but until we have more data it may be best to just ignore them. TV