New crashing behavior

mxasf

Oct 3, 2022, 2:24:46 PM10/3/22
to Apps4Av Forum
Hi all,
I've been a long time Avare user and fan.  (Thanks for Avare, it is the best aviation navigation app!).   I use it for real flying, as well as flight simulation.

Saturday I was flying from KCCR to KRDD this weekend, and Avare was working perfectly as always.   Then I loaded up the ILS34 approach plate, and pressed the "AP" button which usually loads the waypoints into the flight plan.  This caused the app to immediately crash.   I could load the app again, but trying "AP" will always cause it to crash again.

This happens when using Avare on my cell phone, and a couple different tablets I use (Android version 10 / Android Version 11).

Just now on my cell phone, I've confirmed that it crashes on v10.2.2.  I just saw a new update available to v10.2.3, and downloaded it, the crash happens in v10.2.3.

I will try to roll back to earlier versions to see at which point the app started crashing.  Or maybe this could be fixed by simply re-downloading all the data?  I haven't tried that yet.  (But my "data" is current).

Has no one else seen this problem, or can someone confirm on their version that the problem is *not* occurring?  It seems to crash for all approach plates I've tried, not just KRDD-ILS34.
-mxasf

Jeffrey Ross

Oct 3, 2022, 4:11:55 PM10/3/22
to apps4a...@googlegroups.com