BT Autopilot

John

Jun 24, 2024, 11:40:47 PM (6 days ago) Jun 24
to Apps4Av Forum
Hello, I've been using the new AvareX and learning the differences. For the most part it is working. I do have a question about the BT autopilot connection. In the original Avare I'm able to drive my AP from the flight plan in Avare, but I can't seem to get this working again in AvareX. Is this implemented in the new AvareX?
Thanks,
John

Apps4av Support

Jun 25, 2024, 8:43:57 AM (6 days ago) Jun 25
to John, Apps4Av Forum
BT is not implemented in X. Any remaining big features are held back, pending user feedback and stability testing.

azch...@juno.com

Jun 25, 2024, 9:31:06 AM (6 days ago) Jun 25
to purdu...@gmail.com, apps4a...@googlegroups.com
What autopilot do you have and how do you interface with it?

Rick
Tucson

John

Jun 25, 2024, 10:05:47 AM (6 days ago) Jun 25
to Apps4Av Forum
I have an Aircraft Automation autopilot (iLevil) that uses my trim tabs. This accepts the serial output from a Bluetooth to Serial port Bolutek BC-04 that I connect to with my tablet running Avare. Works very well.

Happy to share more details if helpful,
John

David Lewis

Jun 25, 2024, 11:37:09 AM (6 days ago) Jun 25
to Apps4Av Forum
I hope the BT autopilot driver can be addressed in the future. This feature in the legacy app has been a major factor in my use of Avare. The Bolutek BT solution is solid and has worked incredibly well. I guess the next question is how long will the legacy app be supported, so I can utilize that BT connection to my AP74?

Apps4av Support

Jun 25, 2024, 11:53:21 AM (6 days ago) Jun 25
to David Lewis, Apps4Av Forum
Legacy app will be supported for a while with bug fixes but no new features will be added to it.

David Lewis

Jun 26, 2024, 4:37:18 PM (5 days ago) Jun 26
to Apps4Av Forum
Is there a future plan to implement an AvareX autopilot driver, if not via BT, then through some other means? If not I will need to invest in a real GPS navigator to hardwire to my Dynon AP. Syncing the GPS with the AvareX flight plan/routing will add an extra preflight step to the process.

kfav8r

Jun 28, 2024, 8:52:09 AM (3 days ago) Jun 28
to Apps4Av Forum
I'll add my name to the list of people who would really miss the autopilot data feed via Bluetooth. I use it often with my Dynon D180 autopilot.

Doug

Adam Radloff

Jun 28, 2024, 9:35:44 AM (3 days ago) Jun 28
to kfav8r, Apps4Av Forum
I also use this feature along with the USB plug-in for hardwire. Adding this to AvareX would make it more useful to me.

Apps4av Support

Jun 30, 2024, 10:13:38 AM (yesterday) Jun 30
to Adam Radloff, kfav8r, Apps4Av Forum
AvareX does not have BT and USB. The only way it can be sent is broadcast on WiFi. I do not know if you can pick it up from WiFi and feed it to your autopilot.

--
Regards,
Apps For Aviators Support,

We encourage users to use the Forum for all questions. Any updates to the forum will help other users, who might have similar questions.
Forum: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/apps4av-forum

kfav8r

Jun 30, 2024, 11:00:09 AM (23 hours ago) Jun 30
to Apps4Av Forum
My tablet already uses wifi for connection to ADS-B (EchoUAT), so it seems unlikely that wifi can also be used to feed the autopilot.

Apps4av Support

Jun 30, 2024, 1:10:48 PM (21 hours ago) Jun 30
to kfav8r, Apps4Av Forum
keep using the legacy app. Or if somehow echouat can drive an autopilot. There are products in the market that drive autopilot from wifi like Levil ADSB receiver, and autopilot unit.