Re: [Apps4Av] Digest for apps4av-forum@googlegroups.com - 3 updates in 2 topics

Kevin D Murphy

Sep 28, 2022, 11:14:56 AM9/28/22
to apps4a...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Rich. I apologize for not being technically competent in getting my Samsung tablet to receive the WiFi feed from the L-3 Lynx NGT-9000 ADS-B transponder.  I did reset network settings in the tablet as you suggested and I'll go out to the airport today or tomorrow and test it.

You mentioned "building the wifi connection manually by the name I put in the Stratux previously...and adding the network manually with the WP/WPA2 password" but I don't understand. I don't see anywhere on my L-3 Lynx where I can force a connection.  Would you please take pity on a non-technical person (me) and explain? Thanks very much.

Kevin

On Tue, Sep 27, 2022 at 12:40 PM <apps4a...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Neil <aerod...@gmail.com>: Sep 27 06:02AM -0700

The apps4av website said to "contact us" in this forum to ask about helping
with development. Is this the right way to do it or am I missing something?
I didn't see any way to contact individuals.

Please let me know and I can continue the post. Thanks!
Apps4av Support <app...@gmail.com>: Sep 27 09:32AM -0400

Hi Neil
Welcome. What would you like to develop?
Thanks
Zubair

Rich K <rkla...@gmail.com>: Sep 27 05:26AM -0700

This may or may not help, but my Samsung SM-T290 Galaxy Tab A 2019 version
now works again with my Stratux. Took another Settings, General
management, Reset, Reset Network settings.

Wifi is the same no in Avare and Fltplan Go, I built the wifi connection
manually by the name I put in the Stratux previously as the Wifi connection
add network manually with the WPA/WPA2 password I put in the Stratux did
not appear available initially.

It seems the Tab A does not like coming back to the Stratux without
internet after using any other wifi network connection with internet. I
must long touch the Stratux and manually force the connection. Wifi-Direct
also functions again.

Hope this helps, that's a few hours spent.

Rich Klarich

Sep 28, 2022, 12:37:09 PM9/28/22
to Kevin D Murphy, Apps4Av Forum
Kevin, my setup was likely more the Tab A SM-T290 to a Stratux-centric.

I dont't know the exact fix, but likely the FIRST time you connect to the wifi, then pick the popup that says keep the connection, even without internet, it will again connect and run ADSB-In through the I/O tab of Avare.

When you later connect the tablet to the internet, it will also work.

Then, back in the plane after being on the internet, when you select the wifi connection to the ADS-B In device, do so by LONG touching the wifi's name, then hit connect.

What seems to have changed, in the small font under the wifi name when being rejected, is a lockout statement INSTEAD of the old, recurring popup optiom each time to connect without internet to your aircraft's device.

Rich