Update failure

Jay Locke

Apr 19, 2024, 12:36:39 AMApr 19
to Apps4Av Forum
Tries and appears to download but...red stays red ....

Anthony Faivre

Apr 23, 2024, 9:30:21 AMApr 23
to Apps4Av Forum
Not sure if this is the same issue you are reporting.

When opening Avare, it opens with a download dialog "The required file is missing and must be downloaded". It appears to be the weather / TFR section that is not updating properly.  If I hit cancel, it does not display the current sectional chart.  If I wait about 30 seconds, the sectional chart will load.

When opening the download section, Weather / TFR is red, opening the subsection, TFR appears to not be updating.  Last update 4/22/2024.

Jeffrey Ross

Apr 23, 2024, 9:46:13 AMApr 23
to apps4a...@googlegroups.com
I think what you are seeing is simply slowness on your tablet, I have found that some tablets if you immediately go to the download section after starting the program all the downloads will show red as if they were out of date, if you wait a bit they should all turn green.  Some tablets take longer than others to read in the database and flag everything as current or out of date.

I did check to make sure I could download the current METAR/NEXRAD/TFR data from both servers and was successful.

Jeff

Anthony Faivre

Apr 23, 2024, 9:54:58 AMApr 23
to Jeffrey Ross, apps4a...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Jeff,

When I go to download the TFRs I get the following error, "Download failed:  TFRs, code unable to download the file from this cycle"

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Apps4Av Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/apps4av-forum/3734af3f-f568-418a-8e3e-f77cecb4c291%40bubble.org.

--

Sincerely,

Tony Faivre

azch...@juno.com

Apr 23, 2024, 10:45:18 AMApr 23
to alfa...@gmail.com, apps4a...@googlegroups.com
I have this happen occasionally and I think it's just that Avare doesn't know where it is yet.  It hasn't locked on to the satellites.  I frequently use it with my flight simulator on my laptop, flying in different parts of the country.  Then, later when I turn it on again, it takes a while to figure out where it is.

Rick
Tucson.

Rich Klarich

Apr 23, 2024, 2:07:05 PMApr 23
to Jay Locke, Apps4Av Forum
Which Server?  Apps4av.org works...

Menu, preferences, storage and downloads, charts download server....

On Fri, Apr 19, 2024, 00:36 Jay Locke <twomin...@gmail.com> wrote:
Tries and appears to download but...red stays red ....

Anthony Faivre

Apr 23, 2024, 3:57:48 PMApr 23
to Rich Klarich, Jay Locke, Apps4Av Forum
I reloaded the sectionals and the database from the download screen.   Working now.

Sincerely,

Tony Faivre

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Apps4Av Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/apps4av-forum/CAHkrn73GUEX7se0z6bXqe%2B%2B2UXfaL68vi3JHANTW_qio_w%2B%3DfA%40mail.gmail.com.

Rod Kjerstad

Jun 16, 2024, 7:06:33 PMJun 16
to Apps4Av Forum
I have not been able to get the weather in the download section to update for the past 24 hours on internet or ADSB. Everything else in the download section updates and the weather updates in the briefing in the flight plan. Last successful update for metars, nexrad and tfr's was at 12:10z on 6-15-2024. This is not Avare X.

Is anyone else having trouble or am I doing something wrong? I am a new user.

Apps4av Support

Jun 16, 2024, 7:07:23 PMJun 16
to Rod Kjerstad, Apps4Av Forum
Will check today and fix. Server is down.

Jeffrey Ross

Jun 16, 2024, 9:11:47 PMJun 16
to apps4a...@googlegroups.com
Rod,

Try switching to the other server "Menu -> Preferences -> Storage and Downloads"  select "Charts Download Server" and switch to the other server.

Also the Avare software requires you to choose which source to use, ADS-B or Internet, this is chosen via "Menu -> Preferences -> Weather" and check or uncheck "Use ADSB Weather" as appropriate.

Jeff

Rod Kjerstad

Jun 16, 2024, 9:35:47 PMJun 16
to Apps4Av Forum
Works on the bubble server.

Roger R

Jun 17, 2024, 1:01:17 AMJun 17
to Rod Kjerstad, Apps4Av Forum
I have had the same issue all day today up to just now but the latest post advising using Bubble server works.

Rod Kjerstad

Jun 17, 2024, 10:20:10 PMJun 17
to Apps4Av Forum
Around 17:00z today I got a good download on the apps4av server.