No weather available

44 megtekintés
Ugrás az első olvasatlan üzenetre

Billy Zawacki

olvasatlan,
2021. szept. 26. 16:23:102021. 09. 26.
– apps4a...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I clicked all the boxes for adsb weather and I still am not seeing any weather. I am seeing the adsb traffic. Can you help? Thx

Andy

olvasatlan,
2021. szept. 27. 9:16:242021. 09. 27.
– Apps4Av Forum
I believe that adsb traffic that you see has to have both in and out. If they only have out (like an airliner) then they don't have the weather info to receive and then send back out to the network.

-Andy

Jeffrey Ross

olvasatlan,
2021. szept. 27. 9:35:072021. 09. 27.
– apps4a...@googlegroups.com
Andy,

This is incorrect, ADS-B in is made up of several services and you are confusing the TIS-B requirements for FIS-B.

TIS-B (Traffic Information Service - Broadcast) which is traffic information for non ads-b equipped aircraft - for this you MUST be ADS-B out equipped to receive your "hockey puck" of traffic.  Without being ADS-B out equipped you will only see other ADS-B out equipped traffic and traffic from somebody else's "hockey puck" ( the hockey puck is traffic that is +/- 3500 ft and 15mile radius from your position)

ADS-R - ( R for rebroadcast and is part of TIS-B)  this is simply a rebroadcast of 1090 to 978 and vice versa in the event you can only accept one frequency (you must be ADS-B out equipped and your transponder must request the ADS-R rebroadcast).

FIS-B - (Flight Information Services - Broadcast) this is all the other data that the FAA sends, such as weather, notams, pireps, SUA status etc etc etc, this is continuously broadcast and does not require ADS-B OUT to receive but does require ADS-B in on 978mhz (UAT).

Unless you are physically very close to an ADS-B ground station, you will probably not receive FIS-B services on the ground.  The FAA claims that FIS-B data should be receivable almost everywhere in the US once you are 2000 or 3000 agl (I don't remember the exact value) as the signal is only receivable as "line of site".

Jeff

Válasz mindenkinek
Válasz a szerzőnek
Továbbítás