Re: AvareX Flight Plan Creation/Modification +1

Suzanne C.

Jun 11, 2024, 8:56:05 PMJun 11
to Apps4Av Forum
Hello team
Interesting situation...

I'm running the new app on my SM-T290 without any performance issues 😇.

I elected to create the following flight plan as entered
CEU BUBBA CTF DEEMS ORF

What I received in the flight plan page was
CEU BUBBA CTF3 DEEMS KORF

Upon instructing AvareX to find CTF it returned:
CTF3 1057nm
CTF4 588nm
CTF5 1678nm
CTF2 1732nm
CTF 76nm

Where did I go wrong?  Geographically speaking, the last entry is the closest and most likely option 🤔

I like that you leave the original entry in the creation box so I can easily edit...

However, I still get the faraway WPT.  Where do I find the option to edit the existing plan list to add the CTF WPT since it's not happening at plan creation??

When ATC issues retoute/amendment to plan... they won't appreciate me going off script.

What am I missing?

On a related note..I pulled up FltPlango to update my routing and when I went back to AvareX my flight plan was no longer active?

Regards,

c!

Sent from my high-tech Samsung device 📲

c!

Jeffrey Ross

Jun 11, 2024, 9:08:55 PMJun 11
to apps4a...@googlegroups.com
It isn't you, it is a limitation of the existing navigation database, right now AvareX is using the same database as the original Avare program and until the new database is created there will be some oddities.

The good news is there is a work around although it is a little kludgy at the moment it does work -

for airports precede the identifier with a  " . " (period)  eg .CEU or .KCEU
for Navaids precede the identifier with a " , " (comma) eg ,CTF

This is temporary until the new database format is finalized and rolled out.

If needed waypoints can be preceded with an " ! " (exclamation point)

Jeff

Suzanne C.

Jun 11, 2024, 10:36:27 PMJun 11
to Jeffrey Ross, apps4a...@googlegroups.com
Ok.
Understood.

Thanks for the tips. I can work with that... now that I know what to do