More Zoom on the map?

Mike Dwyer

Sep 25, 2021, 2:56:29 PM9/25/21
to Apps4Av Forum
I find myself with lots of traffic on the map and all of it blending together on the map.  It makes it so when the airspace is really crowded that I'd like to zoom in more but can't.  Any way to make AVARE zoom in more?
Thanks,
Mike Dwyer

Jeffrey Ross

Sep 25, 2021, 4:51:01 PM9/25/21
to apps4a...@googlegroups.com
There is only so far you can zoom in.  However what I would suggest is reduce the traffic in view, I normally limit the traffic to +/- 3000 ft  by going to Menu -> Preferences -> Display and choose filter ADSB Traffic.  Anything more than that is pretty worthless.  As a point of reference even panel mounted TCAS units I believe limit the visibility in "normal mode" to +/- 2900 ft, "unrestricted mode" is only +/- 9900 ft.

There still needs to be a way to filter out the ground based traffic.

Jeff

Simon Roberts

Sep 25, 2021, 6:18:14 PM9/25/21
to Apps4Av Forum
I was having the same issue, and certainly Jeff's observation about filtering by altitude will likely help. Another possibility is that if you are in a TAC area, that chart zooms closer than a sectional (and a sectional zooms closer than a WAC). I actually fly in my local field with a flyway chart, since it's both a more detailed scale (same as TAC) and also because it's mostly white instead of brown (at this altitude :) the contrast is greater.

Cheers,
Simon