Emailing tracks open closing now fails

dvsc...@gmail.com

Sep 3, 2021, 8:13:51 AM9/3/21
to Apps4Av Forum
I installed 9.02 and now the program no longer emails my track files. It acts like it is trying to email the file, but it eventually just fails. I  am on android 5.02 and also my email app no longer sends or receives. I have both a hotmail and a gmail account on my galaxy tab s2 and both seem to no longer work. What happened? The only thing I did was update the app, find that my states.shp no longer was accessable, deleted the app and then reinstalled 9.02. Also, I am unable to find where the track files are stored on the tablet.

dvsc...@gmail.com

Sep 4, 2021, 8:29:57 AM9/4/21
to Apps4Av Forum
I left my tablet on all day. It is a wifi only tablet, and I left it connected. All of the sudden, at about 6 pm I got all of the emails that I had been trying to send from that tablet from the night before and also that morning trying to get it to work. It was bizarre, I know I had internet, because I had even been web surfing on that tablet to make sure I had internet. I suspect It was some sort of problem with my tablet, but I don't know what it could have been. I never use that tablet for anything but avare. I also noticed that it updated google play, even though I didn't think I had that feature turned on. Thoughts anyone?

t v

Sep 4, 2021, 4:18:44 PM9/4/21
to Apps4Av Forum
Hi.

I also noticed that it updated google play, even though I didn't think I had that feature turned on. Thoughts anyone?

Did you give Avare the same Email when you signed up?
It is difficult to say, but I had G do many updates, in many of my devices, without my permission.
You may want to try the same experiment, email your track,  with another Email service and see if the results are different? That will likely require a new account / Avare sign in.
You can create a Track using Avare IO, GPS simulator, and select a Destination and a nearby Start location, and press Start, then go to Avare enable Track On let it run for a few seconds and then Tracks Off. TV