Samsung 8, not recieving from Stratux

michael terry

Oct 17, 2021, 4:38:19 PM10/17/21
to Apps4Av Forum
hello all. I'm using Avare on an 8inch Samsung tablet, no sim, just wifi.
It shows my position on the moving map fine with the internal GPS but won't receive adsb or weather from the Stratux. It shows the Wifi as connected but on the External I/O app it gives the following message:IMG_20210930_131337334.jpg
I know the Stratux itself is OK because it sends ADSB to my android phone while the tablet shows the above
any ideas on how to fix this?
thanks

Jeffrey Ross

Oct 17, 2021, 5:11:24 PM10/17/21
to apps4a...@googlegroups.com
Michael,

it looks like you opened up another program that is looking for ADS-B traffic.  (another aviation program?)  You do not need to use the External I/O program any longer the ability to get data from a Stratux unit is built into the Avare program.

What I would suggest is make sure you are not running any other applications that can use ADS-B in an might still be grabbing the ADS-B in port, restart your tablet if you have to.

I'm assuming you have a GPS receiver in your Stratux unit (if you don't I'd highly recommend it), from Avare go to Menu -> Preferences -> GPS and select the GPS position source to be "Avare Apps Only", that will use the GPS from your Stratux.  Secondly from that same GPS configuration screen, make sure the external WiFi port is set to 4000.

Make sure you are connected to your Stratux's WiFi and go to the "tools" tab along the bottom, if you are connected you should see data scrolling of overhead traffic.  You can confirm that the Stratux unit is receiving traffic by connecting to it at http://192.168.10.1 using google chrome (don't use the samsung browser).

Jeff

michael terry

Oct 17, 2021, 5:44:04 PM10/17/21
to Apps4Av Forum
Ah yes, I had flight plan go loaded on the tablet but never used it. I deleted it and will get rid of the I/O
Many thanks

michael terry

Oct 22, 2021, 1:47:18 PM10/22/21
to Apps4Av Forum