Data block

gmko...@aim.com

Oct 10, 2021, 3:07:10 PM10/10/21
to Apps4Av Forum
I've noticed lately that my aircraft icon has a data block above it with
W000@0/t0.  what info is it, and can it be turned off?

Thank you,
Gary

Jeffrey Ross

Oct 10, 2021, 3:36:11 PM10/10/21
to apps4a...@googlegroups.com
picture would be helpful, if I'm correct, what I think you are seeing is the TIS-B data being sent from the ground station for your aircraft.

You must ADS-B out equipped, you can't do anything about it if you are not...

If you are using a StratuX unit, go to the settings screen of your Stratux and enter your "Ownship" information which is the mode S code for your aircraft in hex format.
If you are using a SDR with an OTG cable directly on your tablet then go to the settings page in Avare, Menu -> Preferences -> Pilot and Aircraft, about 1/3 down the page set your "aircraft ICAO Code" which  is your S-Code for your aircraft in Hex format.

Any other ADS-B in device I'm unfamiliar with and can't help you.

Jeff

Rich Klarich

Oct 10, 2021, 8:48:03 PM10/10/21
to Jeffrey Ross, Apps4Av Forum
Isn't that the winds for the glide range shapeoid?

Zubair Khan

Oct 10, 2021, 11:03:58 PM10/10/21
to gmko...@aim.com, apps4a...@googlegroups.com
W from North at 0 knots and true airspeed is 0.

Sent from ProtonMail mobile