Winds do not load in 'plan' function for Avare

Roger R

Jun 23, 2024, 12:19:02 PM (8 days ago) Jun 23
to Apps4Av Forum
Over time I have noticed that often winds do not load on my tablet when setting up a flight plan. Sometimes if I changed the altitude input it would load to that altitude then I could go back to the preferred altitude. Lately 100% of the time no winds at all. It effects the fuel and time and course info/usage.

Interestingly, if I create or even load the same flight plan on my phone, it works fine. All else is fine on the tablet....and the other flight plan info is the same except where wind would alter the info. The route shows on the map page...it is just the winds do not load...on active and on simulation. All info under 'Acft' is identical.

I am using a Nexus 2nd gen 2013 7 inch tablet which works with all other Avare functions/flight plans. No other problems using Avare.  I have not downloaded AvareX. According to Google play store I am updated....in Avare help it shows 10.3.2 as latest release.

Any ideas? I use the tablet in the plane.

Roger

Roger R

Jun 23, 2024, 3:28:13 PM (8 days ago) Jun 23
to Apps4Av Forum
Well, it seems to work now....all I did was turn off the tablet and restart tablet/google/android....now, all loaded fps and new fps work with winds. However, turning off the tablet and restarting is my normal procedure after and before each flight as flying/Avare is all I use the tablet for...and to keep batt up that is normal procedure. So this had been done several times already yesterday and today....can't explain it but I'll take it for now....SO, disregard initial msg...thanks. Roger