Map not refreshing

Andy

May 22, 2021, 8:41:12 AM5/22/21
to Apps4Av Forum
I've seen this happen on both my old Samsung and now new 2019, GPS working and everything up-to-date.

Zoomed in to my usual 5 or so miles ahead in landscape mode, all good but if I zoom out for a wider view I get black instead of the map. Zooming in and back out doesn't help.

Thank you,

Andy

Jeffrey Ross

May 22, 2021, 11:31:29 AM5/22/21
to apps4a...@googlegroups.com
did you try recentering the image?  I've found occasionally when zooming in or out the center of the image shifts drastically.

Andy Lumley

May 22, 2021, 6:04:25 PM5/22/21
to Jeffrey Ross, apps4a...@googlegroups.com
Yes, have tried recentering, Moving around zooming in and out etc. nothing seems to fix it.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Apps4Av Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/apps4av-forum/410ad377-3414-3898-3aea-a0a567644edb%40bubble.org.

Andy

Aug 15, 2021, 9:00:11 AM8/15/21
to Apps4Av Forum
This is still very much an issue for me and same for a friend.

Pan in any direction and I'm likely to see nothing but black screen even if you that sit for a minute. Re-centering and panning again makes no difference except randomly it works.

Samsung 8" Tabs, 2 current generation, one previous.

Simon Roberts

Aug 16, 2021, 12:53:59 PM8/16/21
to Apps4Av Forum
FWIW, I often find that as I zoom and pan that the screen gets a region of black at one edge or another (often as much as 1/3 of the total screen dimension). A little jiggle of pan or zoom usually triggers a full refresh and gets things working.

Oh, that's meant more as "potentially useful to help with debugging" rather than a workaround, since presumably those suffering from this would have commented if they get this behavior.

Andy

Sep 21, 2021, 2:49:25 PM9/21/21
to Apps4Av Forum
I'd like to bring this one up again. Very frustrating when you're wanting to look ahead at potential airports in marginal VFR weather and all you see is black.

Seems like if everyone had this problem it would fixed by now. This happens on both my Samsung Tablets, one of which is the latest model that I bought because of this problem.

Thanks,

Alexander Gooch

Sep 21, 2021, 5:06:39 PM9/21/21
to Andy, Apps4Av Forum
I have this problem too, on both my Android phones. It is only a problem at certain zoom levels. Seems like the app is not programmed to load enough map tiles for larger resolution screens.

Seems like a simple fix.

Alexander Gooch

Sep 21, 2021, 5:12:01 PM9/21/21
to Andy, Apps4Av Forum
For example:
Screenshot_20210921-151053_Avare.jpg

Simon Roberts

Sep 25, 2021, 7:00:02 PM9/25/21
to Apps4Av Forum
And for another data point, this one is on my 2019 Galaxy Tab A, running Android 11. It does this type of black regions "all the time", but typically settles with a bit of a pan-jiggle. The exact amount of black varies (seemingly randomly on any given pan operation).

Screenshot_20210925-153728_Avare.jpg

Jeffrey Ross

Sep 25, 2021, 10:17:29 PM9/25/21
to apps4a...@googlegroups.com
Simon,

What you are seeing is a known issue and there is a bug open against it.  I am not sure of the progress in resolving it and I can tell you the problem is worse with track up vs north up (which you are currently using) and certain zoom levels are worse than others.

Jeff

barr...@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2021, 11:51:39 AM10/17/21
to Apps4Av Forum
Jeff: All of my flying is VFR so if u r looking for volunteers to test an update, happy to help. I have two tablets and can install any new software on one but leave the other w the existing program. Thank u for all of your effort and this program.